I guess even though I haven't updated my blog in 3 months, you have learned one thing about me... I am a bad blogger when things are buys. Haha, 3 months have passed and so many things have happened in my life. Want to hear a quick update?
1. I joined a sorority! Delta Nu... the movers and shakers of Dickinson College
Quick history of my sorority: Back in the 70s, all sorority's were not allowing people of color in, my sorority, which at the time was called Chi Omega would not allow us to admit Patricia Love, an African American woman to our chapter. The president of the sorority at the time thought this was ridiculous! So after several months of fighting, we started our own sorority called
Delta Nu (literally meaning "a new change"). We were social radicals, making progress in human rights. I'm so glad to be a part
of it :)
** When i wrote last I was an only child, not I have hundreds of sisters
2. I have been running a program (with my friend Andrea) called CARES, I did it last year as well, but this year I am in charge. It is a tutoring program for immigrant elementary aged students. This year we have 9 students, all of whom warm my heart every week. This has been one of the most fulfilling things for me, they always help me to see what truly matters in the world.
3. My singing group had a great semester! We had our concert a couple of weeks ago and it was a great hit. I had a solo singing "Wide Open Spaces" by the Dixie Chicks. However, the real show winner was our rendition of "All I want For Christmas" The girls in my singing group continue to be a large part of my back bone, keeping me sane, alive and happy :)
4. I turned 20 years old!!!! That's right.. I may be short, but I am officially old. Haha, I'm just kidding, but I am no longer a teenager!
** Picture Taken on my birthday celebration, I may be 20, but I still like board games.
5. I completed 4 very difficult classes and grew in so many ways! I took 2 spanish classes, a sociology class and an education class (my favorite) This semester was probably the most difficult semester I've ever had, academically speaking, but also one of the most rewarding. Looking forward to 4 new classes next semester :) Oh dickinson college....
Well, I realize that update was very short, but it is the main summary of events. Now I am off of school for about 5 weeks so I will hopefully be better at updating this.
I give my blessings to everyone out there and hope that these past three months have been filled with joy and health.