Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goodbyes.

So even though my program starts SO incredibly late (February 15th), it is still difficult when talking about goodbyes to people. I am going to be gone for about 5.5 months.. which is longer than I have ever been away from my family.


On friday I said my last goodbye to Ryan before he embarks on his study abroad adventures to Pamplona, Spain. Even though Ryan and I have been doing the long distance thing for about a year and a half now, we have been fortunate enough to see each other every 2 -3 months. Our abroad experience is double that and with limited contact.

Don't get me wrong, I am INCREDIBLY excited for my experience and for his experience. I just can't help but be emotional about being separated for so long. We have a accumulated a lot of "tricks" if you will about finding ways to feel together even when we are apart... and I am sure we will develop even more. I think this actually strengthens our relationship, and I am sure that being apart will only help us to grow closer. But it is still scary.



Well, if you ever think of me, kneel down and kiss the earth :)

Hope you all are having lovely Sundays!

Sending love,

Vanessa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh vanessa. what a heart felt entry! the distance is going to be hard but our thoughts and feelings will linger on.

just listen to the wind :)


mwah

xoxoxox

kait said...

hi v!
a fantastic entry - you have a special way with words! i know goodbyes are rough, and this is cliche, but it's not goodbye, it's see you later! i have no doubt you and ryan with continue to find the tricks you write about and i believe it will strengthen the relationship, too! enjoy and savor your last but of home time and i'll see you when we both have fantastic adventure stories to tell in the caf! xox