Friday, July 03, 2009

Volvemos a la energia del amor en nuestra madre tierra.

Friends and family

I know its been too long since I've updated with my life. I just finished up my last week of classes in Chile! Which is crazy to think about, I turned in all of my last essays and took my last tests and to be honest feel a great sense of relief today. Although, when i left the campus of my school yesterday, I thought to myself how unbelievable that i would never return there as a student. I took pictures of the buildings and a few videos of my bus ride to school, because I think it is so beautiful.

Last night I had my very last celebration with my group of girlfriends here. We all met up at a hostel in Valparaíso, which was decorated really cool! Each room had its own theme with paintings of the city and really beautiful art work. It was a really cool old house, which no one else stayed in, so we had the whole house to ourselves. We made some tacos and brownies, drank some wine and just enjoyed each other's company. I have truly found something with these girls, they have seeped into my skin and my bones. We stayed up late talking and listening to music, all in one bed. Today I had to say goodbye to Maggie, as she goes on to Ecuador and Brazil for the rest of her summer. The rest of us girls are going on a trip this weekend though!

Today I am packing up to go to San Pedro Atacama, Chile's dessert. If you search on google for the "driest place on the planet" it will come up with this dessert. We are leaving early tomorrow morning, so we are sleeping in the Santiago airport tonight and then flying from there. We have a pretty busy schedule of events for the next couple of days, checking out massive sand dunes, salt flats, flamingo habitats and geysers! I can't wait to be in touch with the our mother nature (nuestra madre tierra).

I'll be back on Wednesday afternoon, and I will have until Saturday night here in Viña del Mar, before leaving to go back to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! I can't believe that after almost 6 months of living outside of the country, I will be returning in just a little over a week.

I feel just about every emotion that exists about this. I am so happy to be going back into summer and seeing my family and my friends! But this place has become part of me, part of my soul. It will forever be in my heart...

Oh boy, well I'm off to enjoy a wonderful 5 days with darling friends in the dessert. It will be weird to have the 4th of July tomorrow, i feel so distant from that celebration. But i WILL celebrate for the love of my country :) Will update with pictures from this awesome trip when I get back.

Hope this finds you happy and full of love,

Vanessa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubba,

See you 1 week from today!!! I will pick you up at the airport.

Can't wait to see you!

Enjoy your week in the desert. Hopefully you can find some nice dessert in the desert. :)

Pops

Anonymous said...

HEY VANESSA,

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO FOR LUNCH ON SUNDAY??? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHEON PLACE???? HOW ABOUT TIN ROOF AT LAKE CALHOUN?

ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT!!!