Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn in Minnesota

Hello,

Today is a gorgeous, crisp, sunny day in Minnesota. I walked around lake of the isles this morning with Morgan. I love the energy I feel when walking around the lakes here, people just seem to enjoy and be happy. The air was fairly cool, but the sun shining big and bright made it a little better.

After our walk we stopped at Isles Buns for a cinnamon roll, it was glorious! It is so nice to be in a city I love. I've missed it here.

I moved back to Minneapolis at the very end of August and signed a lease on a new place in the uptown area. So far, I am very pleased with my decision to move back here. I am living with Travis, working at an elementary charter school and hanging out with both of my parents who live in the area. Not to mention my two best friends, Morgan and Mia, are also living in the area. It is hard to complain, that is for sure.

I want to blog about so many things... about my new job, about my journey to losing weight, about my relationship, about what I want to dress as this Halloween, haha. But there's too much! Like anything, I think you just need to start one step at a time.

I started my job the week of Oct. 3rd, for that week my goal was just to focus on work.

Last week, my goal was to focus on exercising 3 times a week.

This week, my goal is to focus on my eating habits.

So I will hopefully report good news from the week. I am very disciplined when it comes to work and school, but for some reason when it comes to my own personal life with eating and exercising, I cannot stay focused. I think that when it comes to work and school, I am working to please someone else. For example, my efforts at work directly help other people and are recognized by my supervisor. In school, my efforts were to please the professor so that I would get a good grade. With food and exercise, I am only working to please myself. Why do I not have a problem letting myself down? That absolutely is not acceptable. I will not let myself down this week.

I will not let myself down this week. I will not let myself down this week. I will not let myself down this week. I will not let myself down this week....

Sending love <3

Vanessa

1 comment:

Nehru suit online said...

I don't have any words to appreciate this post.....I am really impressed ....the person who created this post surely knew the subject well..thanks for sharing this with us