Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Update

Happy Holidays to all of you!

I just spent a little over a week in sunny Arizona where my dad is currently living. Luckily, my mom and her boyfriend were down in Arizona for the holidays as well so I was able to have the whole family in close places. Also, I was fortunate enough to have Ryan celebrate the holidays with me. We truly had a wonderful time.

Christmas Eve, Ryan and I celebrated with my mom and steve. During the day we just hung out around the house playing pool and foosball. We opened presents periodically throughout the day, which i decided that I like more than all at once. Ryan celebrated his first christmas, since his family is jewish, so his first present was COAL delivered straight from the north pole!!! Hahah.. i guess he has to work harder this year :) In the evening, we all worked together to make homemade eggplant parmesean which was truly tasty!! It was a really nice day. Nice to spend time with my mom and steve.
Picture of mom and steve


Christmas day we spent with my dad and sherry. We opened presents in the morning and were blessed with lots of goodies this year! Then, we went to see Yes Man with Jim Carrey, i don't know what the critics think, but I really liked it! Then we came home and started cooking the homemade vegetarian lasagna and a seafood linguini. It was a delicious and lovely meal. Again, it was so nice to be with my dad and sherry. It is hard going to school so far away from home and then having dad live in a different place too. So I was so thankful to have the chance to celebrate with both families this holiday!
picture of dad, ryan and I hiking in South Mountain (Phoenix)


Ryan and I were in Phoenix until this morning and now we are celebrating the new year with his family in Aspen, Colorado. We are so fortunate to have wonderful families and the means to travel between them. Thank you so much to all of our family for allowing us to have such a wonderful holiday break together.

picture of Ryan and I playing with our favorite christmas present (velcro hats and balls - its called Butthead)



I hope the holidays find you happy and healthy,

Nessa Boogie

P.S - With hopes of writing more regularly during my trip to Chile, I am hoping to start writing more as I lead up to the trip. As a reminder, I leave February 15th!

No comments: