Friday, December 29, 2006

Lazy days...

There is nothing better than time on your hands, after an incredibly busy first semester, followed by busy trip to spain and then a hectic holiday, I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO BE LAZY!!!!!!

I have caught up on my reading, I read a great book by Jodi Picoult called "My Sister's Keeper" It is a great book, keeps you interested and makes you to think about a lot of things.



Now I am looking for a new book to read... ANY IDEAS??????? What is your favorite book??

If you are looking for new books to read next year... here are my suggestions

1. Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
2. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
3. The hours by Michael Cunningham
4. Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
5. Kite Runner ( I forget the author)
6. Life of Pi by Yann Martel.


Those are just some good suggestions. I want to get a lot of reading done over my winter break because school is always so crazy with homework and friends and extracurriculars so it is hard to find time to read. I am also working hard to write a lot in my journal. I keep a journal every year, and each year i have a them or a saying. This year my theme was.... " FIND BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING" So i worked really hard to see the beauty in small things. I don't mean aesthetics always, i mean like the pure beauty in people and situations and sort of just the beauty of the world, how it everything turns and comes about. We really do live in a beautiful world! Some day, I Challenge you to go to a coffee shop or a shopping mall, just any place where there are a lot of people, and then just sit and sip some coffee and look around, I think you will find how incredibly beautiful the world is. I have to start thinking of a good theme for next year..... Any ideas? Let me know.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukah or whatever it is you celebrate or don't celebrate for that matter. Haha... Hope to hear from you soon!

*Vanessa*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess there is no reason in using a pseudonym, but it is still fun! Books and such to read... I am the wrong person to ask this question of, but hey, live a little and try something new I guess... hmmm... I would highly suggest going to your library and checking out the periodicals for Harper's Monthly or Foreign Affairs, both are great reads. As to an actual book, I would have to recommend anything written by John Kenneth Galbraith, very interesting writing, even though it is about economics... speaking of which, check out freakonomics, that is a good one! Have fun, talk to you eventualy!