Tuesday, April 24, 2007

3 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes till....

The thing I have the hardest time with, is just taking this moment for what it is. I am always thinking about what comes next, counting down the days I have left to complete a project or how much weight I want to lose before summer starts. It is good to be on your toes, and set goals for yourself, but really.. sometimes you just have to let loose and realize that -
LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION!!

Sure, of course I would like to finish my project before it is due and to lose 5 pounds before summer, but even after that goal is reached, life goes on. Keeping the weight off is an every day process and doing work weather in the form of homework or a real job or parenting, it will never end.

Instead of deciding I want to lose 5 pounds, my new goal is that I want to integrate excerising into my every day life.



I also decided that instead of completing this upcoming research project right on time, my goal is to develop skills that will allow me to be a hard worker and manage my time well.

After all, the world does not end once I reach my ideal weight or turn in a project on time, there are always pop flys coming right at you.

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

i hear ya gf... life is never over till u take your last breath on this earth. Make every day count.