Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Last Day in New York

Today is my last day here in New York, but the stay has been soo wonderful! The weather has been gorgeous and sunny!! I even have a little bit of a sun tan!!!

Everytime I come to visit Mike at his house, I feel so spoiled because I am treated so well here. I get to wake up late and get served good food. Haha, it really is a wonderful vacation spot. Mike and his family are so kind to me. They are an amazing family, his parents work for Unicef which means they have lived just about everywhere in the world. His mother was born in Portugal and raised all through Africa. His father was born in Ireland and grew up in England. They have both been everywhere so there home is an eclectic taste of all the places and experiences they have had. It is so fun talking with them because they have seen so much of the world. So lovely to be here!

I am sad to leave tomorrow, but happy to go home to my wonderful friends. I also will be starting training for my job on Thursday. I am training to work at Baccio resturant, as a waitress. I have felt very in the dark in terms of the job though, I never seem to be able to get ahold of the people I need or receive any information. I am also working at Artsy Tartsy here and there this summer. I just got the schedule and I am in at least once a week so that should be fun. Although I am worried about how the two schedules are going to work together.

Anyway, I will write more when I am safe and sound in my home tomorrow evening.

Until then,

Vanessa.

Tune Of the Day: Here in your arms by Hello Goodbye
Question of the Day: Have you always lived where you live now? Do you ever think about moving?

* I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, and until I moved away to college in Pennsylvania, I always thought I wanted to live there for my entire life. Now, I don't know, i have seen so much more of the country and realize that there are a lot of great locations. I guess only time will tell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie. I can't wait to have you back home again. Enjoy your last day in NY.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, your dad is really cute and I get the journal today. tehehe. I love that Here In Your Arms is your song of the day because I love that song. I'm glad you had such a great time in New York- miss you and love you :)
-Mary Grace

Bonita Rose said...

SO HAPPY that u had such fun in NY... wonderful. Looking forward to seeing u soon! hugs