Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That Great Feeling

Dear Friends,

Thank you all so much for your comments about my feeling homesick, I hope you know how much your words impact me. And luckily, I am now feeling much better. I have been thinking that even though I think I will always miss being away from my family and friends and home, I am only here for such a short period of time so I need to live it up!

I have a really great moment yesterday.. I walked down to get on the bus to go to my class, just like any other day here. And i walked onto the bus and there was a man standing and playing the guitar and singing beautifully in spanish. The music flowed through the bus, but no one even noticed, it was just another day to them. We took the bus along the coast (cause that is how you get to my university) and i looked out and pondered the vast seas that flow. To everyone else this was just another day on the bus, but for me... it was another reminder that I am in CHILE and the world really is a wonderful place.

Other than that, I bought a plant. I bought a plant of orange gerbera daisies, (my favorite) and they are currently sitting happily and healthily in my room. They really do light up a space.

Un mar de sueƱos,

nessa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nesser,

It is good news that you are enjoying the simple moments down there. Life truely is short and you need to make the most of it.

I think it is great that you are living it up!! It is all about the experience.

Love you,
Dad

Ariel said...

Hey Vanessa, thanks for sharing that moment, I love your outlook and positive spirit!

Glad you are enjoying Chile :)

--Ariel